Thursday, December 3, 2009

Lame Blogging Accusation

This week a person who knows me very well and can hassle me about such things if she wants to told me I am a lame blogger! The fact that she, and maybe others, actually checks my blog from time to time is humbling to me. I have been aware for many months now that I am not keeping up my end of the bargain here--I got well, my life returned in its old familiar form, and I just QUIT writing! Then today my daughter Liz went to a writer's workshop where an author spoke to the students and basically said that if you want to be a writer, then you have to sit your butt down in the chair and WRITE. Actually, I guess he used a more colorful word to express that sittable part of the anatomy, and that did impress the teenaged audience. And it impressed me too, because although I quite often THINK about writing on my blog, I am actually an incredibly lame blogger.

The name of the blog still fits, too. I am actually Beyond the Pillbox. I still use a daily one just to remember to take my allergy pill and my vitamins and stuff, but I don't carry it around with me, and it has one opening per day, unlike that industrial strength one I used during what I now refer to as my "lost year" or my "black period." Recently I had lunch with my friend Sarah and she suddenly said something about it being 1 o' clock, and then quickly, "Oh yeah, you don;t have ot take medicine at 1 pm anymore!" Life after Trigeminal Neuralgia is really just full of normal experiences which don't always impress me as being that interesting to other people. It continues to amaze me that I can reflect back to a certain place in time not so long ago when life was really small and painful for me. I cannot impress upon you how happy and content I am that it is not like that anymore. Liz just reminded me that she achieved the 9 month mark for her driver's license, so all her restrictions are off and she can drive as many people as she wants to. That's a big deal when you are 16. Her milestone reminded me that I am now less than a week away from my own 9 month anniversary of my MVD surgery...how time flies when you're living a normal life.

And that's something to blog about.

No comments: