Monday, November 24, 2008

Home again


It has been a whirlwind in the last couple of weeks. Liz had her play, which was really well done and fun to watch. Then we had Alpine Holiday and all the work and fun with that event. Then I planned a quick trip to Florida with my mom and my aunt Judy to visit another aunt, Bettie, who is in hospice now with cancer. We were fortunate to have 2 full days of visiting her at her home last week. Those hours were filled with conversation, remembering, laughing, and tears. I will write more about her and about our visit later on, I think.

From a physical perspective, my pain is declaring itself more often. The latest dilantin increase was successful for a few weeks, with good overall comfort and only a couple of zaps a day. But as seems to usually happen, the best coverage wears off eventually and symptoms get worse again. I'm not in severe pain--just noticing the increase in triggers and occurrences, so that makes me just want to take some deep breaths and hold on for what might be coming.

1 comment:

Salzwedel Family said...

I'm glad you had a nice time with your aunt. I can't wait to hear more.