Tuesday, January 6, 2009

quiet

This is the best kind of day...one where there is no absolute to-do list but one that is productive by taking care of things in the house that have needed doing for a while---watering the high plants, getting the "junk drawer" project taken care of, laundry, unpacking, paying a few bills, talking to the dog...

It's a general puttering around.

A day like this allows me to just think a lot and today that is really good. I am within 24 hours of seeing the neurosurgeon at Froedtert, and I think mentally I am just getting ready for that. Thinking through the questions I need to ask, preparing to fill out the 6 pages of pre-appointment paperwork they sent, and getting my mind as still as possible so I can accept whatever I learn there tomorrow. Up until today I have been spending a fair amount of time exercising my "what if" thinking and wondering about all the possible scenarios that could play out. But today I really do feel at peace about the whole thing---I am not worried. Nervous, yes. Curious, yes. Hopeful, yes. But not worried. I know that this doctor will provide information and medical advice and we'll go from there. Getting ahead of myself just leads to anxiety and there's no room for that right now.

No comments: