Saturday, April 18, 2009

Finding Normal Again


This is the time of year that Chance blends into the scenery, and I love that. It adds more interest to a walk with him because when he goes off into a ditch or a field, I have to look harder to find him even if he's only a few yards away. It's appropriate, too that a year ago at this time I was in pretty bad shape and I had to look hard to find hope in that situation of pain and fear of the unknown with trigeminal neuralgia. Now, I am moving forward in a really positive direction--coming off of medications, feeling the return of normal energy, having my mind work better, and looking forward to just living every day.

I am actually reluctant to talk about the progress of the med reduction because so far I have had no TN pain whatsoever. I still feel like there's some chance it could be there, underneath the medication I still have on board, and I don't want to get too confident! Still, there's no reason to expect pain---Dr.Kopell did everything to correct the problem. Every single day think about how amazing that is.

No comments: