Tuesday, October 14, 2008

and that is the end of another perfectly good volleyball season!


And Liz's team won the match, which is always a nice way to end a season. She developed more skills this year and is a fun player to watch--unafraid of falling on the floor for a ball (and accumulated several gruesome bruises throughout the season--should we have taken some photos to post here?), she is a good consistent server, good hitter (with a nice approach), quick digger, an almost 5' 6" blocker who jumps high, and recently, a setter in addition to all of that.


Basketball season starts soon.


After a lot of difficulty staying awake today, I did end up having a better day than yesterday. I met up with Liz after school for a trip to Goodwill for rock star clothes. It's Homecoming week---today was Grandma/Grandpa's Closet day. Then I went to my first Latin class. Yes, you did read that correctly. One of the priests, Fr. Redfern, is teaching introductory Latin. I figured it would be a good way to use and challenge my mind while I deal with all of this and it will also help me understand some of the things at church sometimes. It was a fully interesting and perplexing hour, and I have homework--real, honest to goodness homework!


I did talk to Milwaukee again today. The nurse has not yet reviewed my information because she has been busy with clinic, but will be in the right place tomorrow morning to look me over, and the very, very nice Erin will call me. She assures me that she has my name on a post-it right in front of her at all times, so she can't and won't forget me. I realize I'm kind of being the squeaky wheel, but I really cannot apologize for that anymore. I just told her I'm feeling antsy...and in pain...and so sleepy...


One of my dear and wonderful coworkers called today to say she has made a proposal at work, which if accepted, could mean that my job would still be open for me to come back into after all this is done. There's no guarantee of anything, I know, because we work for a very big organization that has policies and rules that don't always bend for creative and compassionate actions. Her call really overwhelmed me. How do I find words to thank people for being so selfless in trying to help me?


I have said it before and I will say it again--from family to friends, I am surrounded by so many people who care and who help.

1 comment:

on changing my life said...

Puella et agricolae. Don't remember a lot about Latin - but the girl and the farmer stands out. Took it in junior high. TWO years. Had to come to school at 7am because they wouldn't offer it as a real course. What JR high kid PUSHES for Latin at 7am? I was a geek.

Thinking of you..... love keeping up to date like this! - Melissa