Friday, October 17, 2008

No News is No News



Okay, it's the end of the week and I did not sit and wait for the phone to ring. And it didn't. Well, at least not to schedule an appointment in Milwaukee anyway. I did get nice calls from my mom and from friends and a couple of irritating ones from some anonymous recorded voice telling me to dial a 1-800 number...

So I made the most of today by being out of the house a lot and enjoyed the day overall. I had my hour of quiet adoration time early this morning, followed by a nice breakfast with Jeff after he dropped the girls off at school. We've been meeting at a downtown restaurant on enough Friday mornings in a row to feel kind of like regulars. And we always have the same waitress who knows us well enough not to even offer coffee. This is nice time for us since we never go on "dates" and spend most of our home together time in front of the TV, unfortunately. This morning I think I found the perfect breakfast. Swedish pancakes with butter and cinnamon. I highly recommend anything on the menu but these are fantastic (and soft).

This afternoon I joined lots of other Columbus parents at the Homecoming pep rally. It was great entertainment and although it was tremendously loud, I could just sit quietly (and not hurt). I am so glad our girls go to this school. The school spirit and sense of community there is unbelievable.

So now we head to the football game (mainly to see and hear the BAND)...

No comments: