Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sparks and sizzles and zaps, oh my!

Yes, the pain is ever present. Well, actually, it's not present when I am quiet and not needing to scratch an itch, sneeze, do other hygiene related things, drink water out of a bottle, eat something that requires chewing, etc. But when I try to carry on normal daily activities and be social with other people (like eat a hot dog and talk with fellow parents at Liz's great volleyball match tonight), then the attacks come furiously. I realized in the past couple of days that I have not had the anxiety so much this go-round. I basically know when the pain is going to come. I know how bad it is, can be, will be. These are things I used to feel worried and scared about. It seems strange for me to say that it's not affecting me like that right now. I just know it hurts, it will continue to hurt!



Laura just saw me take my 9pm meds and expressed a bit of dismay over it. It is quite a handful of pills. "It looks like you are on drugs, Mom!" My answer: Yes, honey, I am.



Froedert called today to say that they have my medical records in their hot little hands. Because the nurse who does the initial review is gone the rest of the week, she will review them on Monday. And then I can expect a call to schedule my appointments. How simple!



So in the meantime, tomorrow I see my neurologist and we'll be talking about upping something so I can get better pain control. The new med, Dilantin, does seem to be helping with my pain in the mornings, but I'd prefer better coverage in the afternoons and evenings. I think he will prefer that for me too!

Oh, and I have a massage scheduled for 11:30!



No comments: