Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Finding the Right Word

One of the things I have had problems with since taking the Carbatrol ( a long lasting version of tegretol, which is normally used to prevent/control seizures but is the first line treatment for TN) is getting the correct words to come out of my mouth when I want and need them to. Commonly it's a situation where I am talking to someone and just cannot find the right word for something. I may be intending to say the word "locker" as in, "Did you get everything you need from your_____" and after floundering in my mind for a bit, I'll have to say, "You know, that place where you keep your school books." Then the person I am talking to gets it and on we go. The other way this happens is that I will simply make a statement with a completely wrong word, like tonight when we were sitting down to dinner (nice soft cheese ravioli) and I said, "Does anyone want to sleep?" What I really meant to say was pray, so after we got done laughing we did take a moment to be thankful for the gifts we've received, the people in our lives, and the time spent together as a family.

I have been trying to keep a sense of humor about all of this, and it makes me feel better but probably helps us all to be more at ease.

1 comment:

on changing my life said...

Lynn - I love that you've set this up. I'm a blogger as well, and it has become a great way for all of my far away friends to keep up on my life. This will be a great way for you to log your "journey" through this (for lack of a better word). You're in my prayers!
Melissa