Saturday, October 25, 2008

SACK O' MEDICINE


In the past several months, I have come to really like my pharmacy and the people who work there. There's Phil and Becky and Lisa and some other women whose names I don't know. Liz might remember one very handsome young guy who was working there in the spring--probably an intern. He has not been around in quite a while now. Oh , well. The pharmacists and assistants take my calls, tell me what I need to know (gingival hyperplasia, anyone?), send faxes to my neurologist for refill prescriptions or for permission to fill 3 months at a time with only a 2 month copay (a little health insurance perk). They are patient with me when I am a little mentally slow--understanding and remembering all of this is not the easiest thing I've ever done! They are sympathetic when the price causes pain ($228 today) and they are cheerful when it's a steal (not that often anymore). Now, I find, they recognize me before I come to the counter! This morning, one of the staff people (whose name I don't know) had my various pill bottles and signature stickers all ready for me to go when I arrived at the counter. And she got a larger bag to hold it all when the usual sized bag would just not handle the task. I'm fortunate to be the recipient of such excellent pharmacy customer service, even if I can honestly say I'd rather not have had the pleasure.

No comments: